Sunday, July 11, 2010

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happend."--Dr. Seuss

Well my time in Europe is quickly coming to a close, on Monday I head back to the States and I feel completely overwhelmed by all the emotions consuming me. I can't believe how fast time has flown, it seems like just yesterday we were landing in Liverpool for the first time and now it's already time to say goodbye to the city and people I have fallen in love with. Even though I am excited to see my family and friends again at home; I am going to miss all my students here and not to mention the amazing girls on this trip! I have grown really close to several girls and it will be difficult to say goodbye after I have spent all summer with them. It is going to be weird going back home and not being able to quote things from the trip when something funny I see brings back a memory. I can't wait until fall semester starts so I can see them all again and reminisce about the amazing summer!

I will also really miss all of my students at Woolton Primary! On the last day we gave them all of our emails and I have already received many asking for us to come back and how they miss us at school. I also received a banner from my students that says Goodbye Miss Huber with all of their signatures. This was one of the best gifts I have ever received and I will be sure to hang it from my wall when I get home! Saying goodbye to them a week ago was one of the hardest things I have ever done. When school let out all of our students gave us hugs before leaving, even our boys, which was a surprise! A few tears were shed that day. All the kids were really great through my whole time with them and I have never felt so loved by people who barely knew me. They were so polite and helpful with everything, they definitely made a huge impact in my life and I will never forget the incredible summer I spent with them.

This summer has been one of the best summers of my life! I have grown and learned so much not only professionally but also more about myself and who I am as a person. Before coming on this trip I had let certain things such as my professional career and relationships define who I was. I have learned that life is so much more than that! Getting caught up in all the worries in life causes you to miss out on the big picture. God loves us so much and he has big dreams for you and I. It's up to us to take the talents and gifts he has given you and run with them, using them to glorify him. I have also learned that sometimes you just have to go with the flow and stop trying to plan out everything because they most often will fail. God has a much better plan in store and I promise when you realize that and give everything to him you'll start to see God work in amazing ways in your life! God has definitely shown up in many ways throughout this trip! He provided us with safe travels everywhere we went and has blessed me with some of the most amazing people I have ever met! Although my time in Europe is now over I know that the journey is not over, it is just beginning, which is so exciting! I have many things yet to learn and will not stop learning until my time on Earth is over. God has opened up my eyes to a whole world full of opportunities and I hope to live up to whatever his will is for me. Right now I have no clue where he will be taking me but for once in my life that's okay. I know God will provide no matter where I end up, which is a great comfort. (Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9)

I want to thank everyone who has been praying and reading my blog during my trip! It has truly met so much to me and your prayers have definitely been felt throughout the entire summer! I can't wait to come home and see you all in person again and find out what has been happening in your lives. I have felt a little disconnected from everything going on at home so I'm excited to get caught up on everything that has happened the last couple of months! I love you all and will be joining you back in the States very soon :)

Cheerio and God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home. It's been great to read about your adventures though this summer/experience. And you're right, the adventure is really only just beginning. Have a safe trip home, see you soon I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete