Today my group and I headed back to Liverpool. I had a great time in Paris but I was also ready to be back with something familiar. Since I have arrived in Europe, Liverpool has become somewhat of a home to me, so it felt good to be back even though it is a lot colder than Paris.
Our train left at 8:07 in the morning from Paris, in which we barely made it on time. First of all we had a difficult time finding the station and then once we were there we had to wait in a long line to go through customs. This was frustrating because security asked us about a million questions concerning the reason why we were there. When they finally let us trough we had only minutes before our train was to leave. As soon as our luggage came off the conveyer belt we ran as fast as we could to our platform where we jumped on the first car. We made with it three minutes to spare! After we had calmed down and got situated on the train we had a little over two hour train ride to London and then another two hour train ride to Liverpool.
Once we arrived back on campus we got situated in our new rooms, which we will keep for the rest of our stay, and then we headed to the local convenient store to pick up some food to hold us over till dinner. After that we all did laundry and then I went on a much needed run with a couple other girls. After our run I attempted to take a shower but realized the nob in my shower was missing. This was really unfortunate news, hopefully it will be fixed tomorrow. Although I didn't have a shower I tried to clean up as best as I could and then I met the rest of the group to eat pizza and discuss our adventures.
Tomorrow classes start again and will be our last week of class before we start our practicum in the primary schools. I can't believe how fast this summer is going, it is hard to believe we only have 5 weeks left here! Next weekend I will be traveling to Munich, Germany which I'm very excited about but also nervous at the same time. The following week we will start full blown teaching in the primary schools! I can't wait! I thank you all for your prayers! They have definitely been felt this past week!
Cheerio!
Dani
No comments:
Post a Comment