I am so glad we decided to go on the day trip on Wednesday because the weather was beautiful and the sky was bluer than I have seen it in a long time. Windsor Castle was absolutely gorgeous! We where a little rushed because we only had two hours there but what we did see was amazing! We got to walk through the castle, which was really cool to see where the royal family lives from time to time and holds parties and banquets. After Windsor Castle our next stop was Stonehenge, which was about an hour and forty-five minute drive from Windsor. I have seen many pictures of Stonehenge but non of those pictures does the structure true justice. We had forty-five minutes at Stonehenge, which consisted of walking around the perimeter of the structure, taking numerous photos from different angles and then heading back to our bus
The country side by Stonehenge was beautiful so we also took some time to run through the fields and just soak up all of God's creation. When playing in the fields I could not help to think of the movie "Sound of Music" so singing a few tunes from the musical was a must as well! After stonehenge the next stop on our journey was the city of Bath, which I LOVED! Bath has probably been my favorite place I have visited so far on this trip. I loved the atmosphere of the town; it was very relaxed and much the way I picture Rome to look but on a smaller scale. the main tourist attraction in Bath are the Roman Baths, which were neat to see! Other than the Roman Baths there were also many cute little shops and restaurants, and was also the home of one of my favorite authors, Jane Austen. We even got to see the home she lived in! We were only in Bath for an hour and a half which was definitely not enough time. I could have probably spent a whole weekend there. I would definitely love to go back at some point in my life time, maybe for my honeymoon, if I ever see that day lol. I guess it's alright to dream though right?
No comments:
Post a Comment